You are in the Office
This course is no longer available
under the new
TAA Training Package.
Enrolments for this course officially closed on the 23rd November 2005
Click here for the new equivalent recognised courses available under the new
TAE Training Package.
Workplace assessor course workplace training home study distance education open learning;
Includes the modules Plan assessment BSZ401A, Conduct assessment BSZ402A,
Review assessment BSZ403A
Achieve Nationally Recognised Government Accredited Qualifications
by enrolling in our correspondence courses and open learning distance education.
Study your workplace assessor workplace training course at home or in the workplace.
You opened the Filing Cabinet Workplace Training
You are reading the folder marked
I have listed below a program outline and some of the frequently asked questions our students ask about Safecity's Open Learning Education Network. I will be updating this page frequently so please check again in the near future.
If you do not find the answer to your specific question (and I am sure there will be lots of them initially), send us an E-mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You will also find more help buttons and the end of this page!
Includes the following units of competency
- (BSZ401A) Plan assessment
- (BSZ402A) Conduct assessment
- (BSZ403A) Review assessment
Who will benefit from enrolling in this course?
- Persons involved in the recruitment and hiring of staff
- Persons required to conduct workplace training needs analysis and evaluation
- Workplace performance auditors
- Persons required to assess competencies under the Recognition of Current Competency previously referred to as Recognition of Prior Learning
- Business and Corporate Managers required under the OH&S laws to ensure that proper assessment of competency and training standards are maintained in the workplace.
- Small business operators
- Police and Law Enforcement personnel involved in training and re-training
- Job seekers who want to improve their employment opportunities.
- Training providers wishing to acquire new skills and obtain nationally recognised workplace qualifications.
- Persons involved in the development, planning and delivery of competency based workplace training courses.
- Persons required by employers to obtain formal training qualifications. Business and Industry personnel who are employed to train others.
- Corporate and Business Managers required under OH&S to ensure that correct workplace training standards are observed, and that staff trainers are qualified.
- Police professionals and law enforcement personnel involved in training.
- Persons wishing to undertake self development and confidence building exercises.
What are the subjects I will study?
- Competency and competency based assessment in the workplace
- Vocational education and training in Australia
- National competency standards
- The philosophy underlying competency based assessment in the workplace
- Competency based assessment
- The assessor's role
- Principles of assessment
- Types of assessment
- The process of assessment
- A participatory process
- Creating a supportive environment
- Empowering the assessee
- Explaining assessment
- Involving the assessment
- Planning the workplace assessment strategy
- The purposes of assessment
- Assessor use of standards or other benchmarks
- Conditions of assessment
- Assessment policy
- Evidence required for assessment
- Setting up a workplace assessment activity
- Develop assessment tools
- Organizing resources
- Informing relevant people
- Assessor competence
- Preparing the assessment environment
- Confirming assessment arrangements with the person(s) being assessed
- Carrying out assessment and recording details
- Putting the assessee at ease
- Immediately before the assessment
- Discussing progress during assessment
- Encouraging the assessee
- Documenting assessment
- Basing assessment decisions on evidence gathered
- Making an overall judgement
- Providing feedback on performance
- Encouraging the person who has not achieved the required level of competence
- Giving guidance on further training
- Recording assessment results
- Keeping assessment results
- Credit transfer and recognition or prior learning
- Access to assessment records
- Reviewing assessment
- A dynamic assessor system
- Three ways of reviewing
- Some questions to ask when reviewing assessments
- Manage the administration and logistics of an assessment session
- Costing procedures
- Assessment activities
- Assessor Resources
What training materials and training aids will I use?
When you enrol in your open-learning Train small Groups open learning distance education course we will send you all the training materials you need to complete the course. These include ...
- Manuals: Nationally Recognised Learners Pack 140 pages packed with must know information, learning activities and projects which will keep you enthralled and enthusiastically involved in your project.
- E-mail Support: Your instructor is always available through E-mail support.
- Telephone Support: You may call 02-63355224 between 7pm and 8pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday each week.
How will you assess me?
- Workbook Written Assignments
- Written Learning Options and Major Project
- 1 Audio/Video Tape assignment activity
How long will it take me to complete this course?
You should be able to complete this course in 36 study hours.
BSZ401A Plan Assessment
Recommended Hours to Complete: 16 Hours
BSZ402A Conduct Assessment
Recommended Hours to Complete: 16 Hours
BSZ403A Review Assessment
Recommended Hours to Complete: 10 Hours
Remember that as an open-learning distance education student your are in charge on how long the course will last. When you have lodged and successfully completed the assignment activities (achieved competency) you will receive your nationally recognised workplace assessor certificate.
We also deliver this program by Classroom Course Delivery (Please click on the link for classroom delivery).
What is the cost of the course?
$350 inc. GST
|To enrol on-line
Our fee is all inclusive.
certificates are awarded at
the completion of the course and
delivered to you by registered mail
Who recognises this course?
This course is recognised nationally in Australia under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Every workplace in Australia should recognise this certificate.
What other benefits does
Safecity offer me?
Safecity's open learning distance education study at home network
- No hidden costs for
assessments and other charges
- No hidden costs such as internet on-line
time and additional bandwidth charges from your Internet Service Provider.
- Your password will never
expire with us. As a graduate you can access all our open-learning services,
refresher activities and assessments.
- Your tutor is a real person, not a
computer. No need to attend complicated on-line web cam hook-ups. Speak to a
real person on the telephone.
- Absolutely no need for an
Internet connection. This program can be completed without restricting,
costly and complex online interactions. If you wish, you may use E-mail to
forward your assignments.
- Free manual updates for 12
months. Use your student password to download your update when you receive
Workplace Trainer and Assessor Courses can help you achieve your goals!
Nationally Recognised Trainer Courses
Ok I am ready to start I want to enrol in the Workplace Assessor on-line
Ok I am ready to start but I want to enrol by mail
I want to apply for my free VIP Pass
I want to go back to the office
Please tell me which other courses are available and the costs.
I want to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning for the Workplace Assessor Course
My question was not answered I want to send an E-mail
- Receive government approved nationally recognised certificates of competency from Certificate II up to Advanced Diploma level.
- Obtain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Learn new skills and achieve competency in workplace training and other workplace related courses.
- Enrol in our programs instantly. No delays or waiting--you decide the starting date.
- Study in the comfort and privacy of your home.
- Lodge your assessment activities instantly using our secure server network.
Please Click on the Folder
To close it and return to the
Workplace Training Filing Cabinet
Easy Site Map
You are in the Office
You opened the Workplace Training Filing Cabinet
You are reading the contents of Train Small Groups Folder Main Index
Office | Enrol | Academy | Campus | Library | Course Information | General Introduction | Shop Can't find what you are looking for?
Ask our Librarian! Key in the word or phrase in the box below
Openlearningnet is a Division of
Safecity Services Pty Limited ACN 055464581 ABN 11055464581
National Registration Code 1367
P.O. Box 177 Oberon NSW 2787 Australia
Phone 61-2-63355216 Fax 61-2-63355229
This open learning training site is Designed and Promoted by WASP